Wednesday 14 April 2010

Tattoos & Body Modification!


I had never thought about how body modification is a recurrent and ordinary practice that affects everybody. I had never consider common things such as make up, clothes or cutting my hair as part of my body modification. After this lesson, I have realized that everybody has modified their bodies in some aspects. The only different is that sometimes these changes are permanent ( tattoos) and sometimes they are temporal ( make up).
The reasons that lead people to modify their body can be several and different ones such as: religious, artistic, rebellion, fashion, sexual, membership of a group among others. However, I think that the most important fact in this behaviour is that people are conscious about what a permanent body modification can imply. For instance, tattoos or plastic surgery. I believe that people should be mature enough to be able to make a serious decision like these kinds of modifications.
Besides, I think that people also have to take into account that the fact of tattooing their body can give rise to some consequences, such as: can not find a Job or can not come in some establishments. I do not like tattoos or piercing at all. However, I think that society have to respect people who decide make these sorts of modifications, since it implies just a personal and private decision.
The next link is an useful article about the risks that people should consider before take the decision of modifying their bodies. I hope that you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment