Tuesday 20 April 2010

in response to Cassandra Morgan's post about Swearing and Bad Language.

I totally agree with my classmate about this topic. I also think that swearing and bad language is a natural part of people's behaviour. The use of bad words is a common fact in current society, among women and men. I believe that everybody swears. Perhaps, it occurs in different extent but everybody does it. However, it is important take into account that this kind of attitude is not well considered in some particular contexts such as: In front of our family, In a classroom, at workplace among others. Swearing and bad language is related to informal and colloquial contexts. Since, everybody knows that despite the fact that it is a natural conduct, we have to be polite and correct in some particular places and contexts.
On the other hand, I believe that the usage of these kinds of language depends in great extent on the different cultures. For instance I think that English people in general used to swear more than the Spanish ones. Moreover, I think that the use of impolite language is a way of escape from our anger and bad mood, therefore, we can consider it as something healthy. In my opinion, swearing helps people to express their feeling in a natural way. However, we must respect that some people consider this behaviour as a rude and impolite attitude. Although over my personal point of view and as Cassandra commented on in her post, this is an hypocritical reaction, since anybody can deny that they have sworn in some occasion.

http://beingbad-arebelyell.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment