Thursday 11 February 2010

My proposal for the week 12!



Taking into account that some of my classmates have considered topics such as sadomasochism or incest as possible themes for the week 12. I would like to propose the act of stealing as the topic for that week. I think that could be really interesting discuss some points such as the following ones during the lesson:
  • What could be the reasons that lead somebody to take what is not yours?

  • Can we interpret as equally bad the acts of stealing something for necessity or stealing for pleasure?

  • Can we justify some thefts?

  • Must we punish all the thieves in the same way or the sentences must depend on the grade of thefts?

In my opinion, I consider that this could be a relevant topic for this module programme because it deals with an universal behaviour that has been considered as something unacceptable as well as polemic over a philosophical perspective thoughout history.

The following link is a curious news about a virtual theft that I have found in the BBC web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7094764.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment