Sunday 31 January 2010

My first impression!


After my first class on this module, I think that this subject is really interesting. In my opinion, the fact that can deal with controversial topics such as: Drugs, Smoking, Sex, Tattoos among other kinds of things that surround our world, is really stimulating as well as entertaining at the same time. Besides, I would like to comment on that as an exchange student, this experience could be outstanding since I am going to be able to compare the particular point of view that English people and society have about these sorts of "polemic"topics. On the other hand, I think that the different socio-cultural ideas that we could share as members of divergent societies are going to teach us something new in relation to these types of ideas introduced in the lessons.


Regarding the question about what we understand as "bad" behaviour? I believe that the line that separates the notions of immoral, unreasonable and dangerous attitudes and an evil behaviour is sometimes really close. However, I consider that this debate is very complex and also it depends on the personality and way of life of each person. Nevertheless, we must take into account that there are some bad attitudes that the majority of people consider as evil behaviours. But the question is always an open one: What are these kinds of conventions? This is the great mystery! Is not it?
This link is an interesting and funny article about how the fact of being bad is sometimes positive for our health! Enjoy it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment